Envisioning Middlebury inspired conversations that produced ideas. Those ideas helped inform the process that created Middlebury’s new strategic framework, which was developed over 18 months and approved by the Board of Trustees in October 2017.
A Successful Collaborative Effort
Our new strategic framework is the result of engagement, conversation, and collaboration across every part of the Middlebury community. Middlebury is now moving forward together as an institution under these new institutional guidelines.
Through a commitment to immersive learning, we prepare students to lead engaged, consequential, and creative lives, contribute to their communities, and address the world’s most challenging problems.
A world with a robust and inclusive public sphere where ethical citizens work across intellectual, geographical, and cultural borders.
- Global network of educational programs and opportunities
- Intercultural competency
- Effective communication and influential expression
- Emergent teaching, learning, and research horizons
- Place-based experiential learning
- Digital fluency and critical engagement
- Educational collaboration and partnership
- Full participation in diverse communities
- Curricular flexibility and organizational nimbleness
- Lifelong engagement with Middlebury
- Making intentional choices in pursuit of our vision
- Ensuring responsible stewardship of all our resources
- Committing time and space to facilitate our collective goals
- Promoting effective relationships and a supportive community